Friday, March 30, 2007

Mr. Ivan Oh Rox my Sox

"I wanna cut off your skin and wear it for my birthday"...nice.

hello good readers! I just got home from watching Blades of Glory with my teammates. The movie ended at like 10pm and I had to walk to the train station. The streets were still very crowded though(DOI!)

well... I'm still quite iffy about my job. I love the mission and vision of the opportunity, but I do not know if I am fit for it. I wanna help the kiddies out there who need help.. but I am having quite a hard time stopping people to talk to me. Basically the charity is paying me for not doing them anything if I get less then 3 sign ups a day. I just get 1 usually. FUCK.

I stand on the streets for 7 hours and exclaim in a somewhat animated voice " Hi sir/ma'am! You got a moment to help babies?" and yet people all around seem to conspire to say "NO".

What's even more frustrating is that in my experience, asians are the most difficult to stop. They, who moved to this country, to this city, in search of a better life do not even stop and think about helping those who aren't as lucky as they are, living in a majestic city like NYC. What's worse is that most of them are really well-off. They come out of macy's or bloomingdales with a lot of paperbags and then it's like you don't exist. I FUCKING WANNA STRANGGLE THEM EVERYTIME I SEE THEM AND THEY IGNORE ME AND MY TEAMMATES.

FUCK YOU AND YOUR CHANEL GLASSES BITCHES!!


and filipinos are no exception to that observation. THEY ABSOLUTELY HAVE NOT STOPPED FOR ME. even if I speak in tagalog for them they will not stop. the fuck?! at least stop and listen to your kababayan spill his guts out and swallow his pride by begging people on the streets to give him your time! Gawd. this is the first time that I have felt angst against flipz in general since militants. grrrr..

Let me make a list...

ASIANS WHO STOPPED FOR ME:
  • Singaporean guy who's broke but still sponsored a child
  • England-raised Asian who already sponsors 3 children in Africa
ASIANS WHO DIDN'T STOP FOR ME:
  • everyone else
I hope they're happy with their Dior perfume and Berkin bags. meanwhile a child in Sri Lanka has died due to dehydration caused by diarrhea. At least they have their Dior and Berkin.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nyikes... that really sounds harsh. sigh... its hard to find good people these days. well... keep your faith up. one to two signatures, or at least a number of people who listens still counts as a good sign. :)

tina said...

*GAH* its in the least of their minds siguro. oh well.. sometimes its like that (or its always like that?) whatever....

hope you get more good-willed people to sign up...

garnet said...

i want a summer job too..

and dior.:(

Anonymous said...

Asa ka pa sa mga Pinoy, eh baka akala nila isa kang scam.

Nabasa ko 'yan sa Reader's Digest, na isa ang mga Pinoy sa mga hindi matulungin sa kapwa (especially sa kalye). Kaya hindi na ako nagulat.

blogerista said...

I'm back from a long hiatus!

There was a quote I read a while ago, which said, "You are not too poor to give, and you are not too rich not to receive anything."

Altruists are really rare and hard to find nowadays. Parang isang pirasong karayom sa malawak na damuhan.

blogerista said...

I'm back from a long hiatus!

There was a quote I read a while ago, which said, "You are not too poor to give, and you are not too rich not to receive anything."

Altruists are really rare and hard to find nowadays. Parang isang pirasong karayom sa malawak na damuhan.

Anonymous said...

grabe ang harsh!

all we need is love..

Billycoy said...

dumadami na talaga mga masamang damo ngayon...

balang araw, luluhod din ang mga tala!